Slides as presented at WordCamp Toronto, 2015
We all have created the odd WordPress site that has turned out to be fast but how do we do this each and every time?
In this talk I explore some of the techniques and choices that will make your site feel fast and also talk about how to automate / streamline your development process so that you can do this each and every time, no matter how rushed you are.
- Understand what slows code down.
- Realise how an SQL calls slow the site.
- Understand that perceived speed can be more important than real speed.
- Learn how to automate deployment.
- Discover that it’s the small items that count.
- Know what caching is, know how cache works in WordPress.
- Understand the problems that caching causes and how to work around them.